i'm a HUGE fan of Mexican food.
i could probably sit & eat a whole bowl of chips & salsa, followed by fajitas, if you'd let me!
i do, however, have some self control, so it only happens every so often! ha!
i just LOVE her recipes & the options for healthy choices.
credit for the photo & recipe belong to skinnytaste.com
TURKEY TACO LETTUCE WRAPS
Serving Size: 2 taco wraps
- 1.3 lbs 99% lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 2 tbsp bell pepper, minced
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 oz can tomato sauce
- 8 large leaves of iceberg lettuce
- brown turkey in large skillet
- when no longer pink, add dry seasoning & mix well
- add onion, pepper, water & tomato sauce & cover
- simmer on low for 20 minutes
- wash & dry lettuce
- place meat in center of leaf & top with tomatoes, cheese & salsa, or whatever toppings you prefer